I see you. I see you mama. I am crying with you. I know how hard Mother’s Day is when you are on the long road to baby. How incredibly gutting it can be to want a baby more than anything and to be reminded that you aren’t yet a mama. And, I see you mama who has lost pregnancies or babies. You know in your heart you are mama, but you just can’t celebrate.
I see you. I love you. And you know who else loves you? Your future baby. And your future baby has a message for you.
A Message from Your Future Baby
Mommy, we haven’t met yet, but I am on my way to meet you! I know you are working so hard right now and it feels like we might never meet each other. But, we will.
In the end, it won’t matter to me how we find each other, just that we do. I don’t care whose eggs and sperm makes me, or even whose body births me.
All that will matter is that you hold me and call me yours.
All that will matter is that you will be my mother and that you will be perfect.
And once you meet me, you will understand.
You will know why you had to wait so long.
And you will finally understand that you’ve actually been a mother all these years.
So, this Mother’s Day, think of me, mommy. And please, keep working hard coming toward me.
I will keep coming towards you.
Mothering Yourself On the Path to Pregnancy
One of the most important lessons from my “infertility” journey was that I needed to be a loving and devoted mother to myself. My body and my spirit needed me desperately to love them with the unconditional love of a mother. I needed to put my body and spirit first so that I could start transitioning from maiden to mother.
If you read my blog you know I did a crazy 79 Things to Get Pregnant. But I didn’t just get pregnant. I got incredibly healthy and happy at the same time. Because almost everything I did? It was to nourish my body and nurture my soul.
Because when we truly take care of ourselves we send the universe two important signals. One- that we are brilliantly capable of mothering and ready to care with our whole hearts. And, Two- that we are currently able to be healthy and happy mommies, which is just what our babies need.
So, just like your baby asked you to, keep walking toward them. And that means, keeping nourishing and nurturing yourself to full health and fertility.
Your baby wants you healthy. Your baby wants you healthy. And, your baby is so excited to meet you.
5 Ideas to Celebrate Mother’s Day when you are waiting for baby
- Imagine your six year old son or daughter writing out a card to you for Mother’s Day. Actually go buy and write out the card and stick it on your mirror. Spend time imagining the day. What will you do? Will they give you flowers? Will you have a special breakfast? Imagine your family just as you want it to be.
- Go on a hike with just your and your partner. Forgo celebrations with others.
- Mother yourself in the best way you know how. Get a massage, get your hair done, spend time meditating or in prayer, and make yourself the healthiest, yummiest meal you can dream up!
- Buy yourself flowers. Or better yet, start a garden to watch the fertility of the earth in action.
- Journal about motherhood. Write down the kind of mother you want to be and are GOING to be. Imagine it as if it is already true.
- BONUS: If you are brave enough, look yourself in the mirror. Tell yourself out loud that you love yourself and that you are already the best mother in the world.