Since swapping to non-toxic skincare and makeup back in 2014, I’ve gone through many different brands. We are lucky that in 2020 there is a wide array of options for non-toxic make-up and skincare! I now use Beautycounter almost exclusively for make-up because they test for heavy metals- something other companies aren’t doing (although I hear Crunchi might be looking into it!). For skincare I use a mix of Beautycounter, Primally Pure, and a couple other brands.
My daily routine is below! Enjoy!
This post most definitely has affiliate links in it. If you decide to buy something I recommend, please consider clicking through one of my links to help support this blog and my family! This is how I am able to stay home with my miracle children and blog freely without charging for courses, coaching, or membership, etc.. Thank you!
My Non-Toxic Skincare and Make-up Routine
Below are the items I use on a daily basis.
- Come join my Facebook Group on Non-Toxic Beauty!
- If you want a personalized recommendation fill out this survey and I’ll email you back!
- Be sure to join my Safe Beauty Newsletter to get skincare and make-up tips mailed to you and to know whenever there is a good sale or freebie with Beautycounter or my other favorite brands.
- Read all my posts on non-toxic products here!
- See all my favorite non-toxic products on this page!
Daily Skin Care Routine
Everything is listed in the order I use them!
Note: I have aging, normal skin, and I always get 1-2 pimples right before my period. My skin was dry before starting with Beautycounter, but not anymore. My skin concerns are fine lines, wrinkles, and acne scarring. I used to have redness and rosacea, but these went away with No. 3 Balancing Oil and the Countermatch regimen I started with, before switching to the anti-aging line. They sometimes come back if I neglect my skincare routine.
Morning Skincare routine
- Countertime Lipid Defense Cleansing Oil
- Cold Water Splash
- Tripeptide Radiance Serum or Vitamin C All Bright Serum
- Antioxidant Soft Cream
- Ultra Renewal Eye Cream
- Primally Pure Geranium Deodorant
- Dry Shampoo, if needed
Evening Skincare Routine
- Instant Eye Makeup Remover
- Countertime Lipid Defense Cleansing Oil OR Counter+ Lotus Glow Cleansing Balm
- Cold Water Splash
- No. 2 Plumping Oil if I’m in follicular or ovulatory phases of cycle, or No. 3 Balancing Oil if I’m in luteal or menstrual phases of cycle
- Rose Quartz Facial Roller or Gua Sha
- Tetrapeptide Supreme Cream
- Ultra Renewal Eye Cream
- Almond + Vanilla Body Butter for my hands and anywhere that is getting dry- this stuff is AMAZING and has saved my cracked dry hands in the winter
- Magnesium Lotion on my neck and chest
Okay, I use these as needed:
- Overnight Resurfacing Peel– I should really be using this 2-3 times a week instead of my facial oil at night before moisturizing. This dramatically reduces acne scarring and fine lines. BUT, I love the facial oils so much that when the moment comes to decide, I almost always pick the oil first. They just feel so heavenly! But, if you are serious about minimizing pores, addressing scars and wrinkles, etc., you will want to do this 2-3 times a week.
- Charcoal Mask- I do this about once a month, usually right before or during my period.
- Vitamin C All Bright Serum– this is our newest product and I’ve just started experimenting with it! It is strong, so I am applying once a week or so in the morning instead of the Radiance Serum and seeing how it goes!
Daily Make-up Routine
My simple daily routine is usually less than five minutes. And I never let myself run out of these products!!
- Summer: Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer– I use Shade #1 and I LOVE this light coverage in the summer!!!!!
- Fall, Winter, Spring: Skin Twin Featherweight Foundation– This foundation is AMAZING. Some kind of make-up witchcraft means I look great in shades 110, 150 or 210. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE? This is a great tool to help pick what color you are–>> Find your shade match here! I apply this with the Retractable Foundation Brush.
- Color Pinch Cream Blusher– I use Hibiscus or Caramel. Apply lightly, and then Rub, rub, rub!
- Color Outline Eye Pencil– I use brown, and it is super easy to apply. For special occasions I’ll use the liquid liner, but for everyday I use the pencil!
- Think Big All-in-One-Mascara– Fabulous mascara!!
- Skin Twin Creamy Concealer I use the shade Fair mostly to brighten up under my eyes!
- Brow Gel– I use the Light and this stuff is AMAZING. I never did anything with my brows before and this gel has made it easy and my brows look amazing!
- Sheer Genius Conditioning Lipstick in Rose in the Spring/Summer and Color Intense Lipstick in Rosewood in Fall/Winter.
- Beyond Gloss– I love Peony during the summer! Gorgeous gloss made with ethically sourced mica.
Notes on this:
- To quickly overhaul your look you can get Flawless in Five and save 20% off buying everything individually.
- Use this guide to help pick your shades!
Additional makeup I use for MORE
- Mattifying powder– Sets the makeup, but can also go on under foundation to absorb oil.
- Precision Liquid Eyeliner– The first liquid eyeliner that has been easy for me to apply :-).
- Lid Glow Cream Shadow– Love these sparkles, and the creams are SO easy to apply!
- Brow Pencil– Usually I just use the brow gel, but if I’m really getting made-up I want my brows nice and dark!
- Illuminating Cream Highlighter– I use the Rose Glow to do a little contouring.
- Color Pinch Cream Blush– Second step in my contouring, and I really like using the cream rather than the matte for special occasions. I use Hibiscus.
To place a Beautycounter order go here: beatycounter.com/annarapp
Working with Beautycounter
I’m a Beautycounter consultant and I truly love working with this company. I love their mission, their products and I LOVE the peace of mind that all their products safe products. I’m super careful about what I put into my body ever since I researched and started my fertility diet, and I’m super careful about what I put ON my body, and what we use in our house.
After trying lots of non-toxic skincare and make-up products, Beautycounter is my favorite because it is high performing, they have an aggressive sustainability effort and dedicated social mission, and they test for heavy metals. I love their products and I don’t have to do a ton of research for each individual product since I know all their stuff is safe.
I also really love helping my blog readers make the switch to non-toxic products. And I would love to help you make the switch to safer beauty products too.
Be sure to sign up for my Beautycounter newsletter to learn more about their products and so I can keep you posted on any ways to save money.