Since swapping to non-toxic skincare and makeup back in 2014, I’ve gone through many different brands. We are lucky that in 2020 there is a wide array of options for non-toxic make-up and skincare! I now use Beautycounter almost exclusively for make-up because they test for heavy metals- something other companies aren’t doing (although I hear Crunchi might be looking into it!). For skincare I use a mix of Beautycounter, Primally Pure, and a couple other brands.
My daily routine is below! Enjoy!
This post most definitely has affiliate links in it. If you decide to buy something I recommend, please consider clicking through one of my links to help support this blog and my family! This is how I am able to stay home with my miracle children and blog freely without charging for courses, coaching, or membership, etc.. Thank you!
My Non-Toxic Skincare and Make-up Routine
Below are the items I use on a daily basis.
- Come join my Facebook Group on Non-Toxic Beauty!
- If you want a personalized recommendation fill out this survey and I’ll email you back!
- Be sure to join my Safe Beauty Newsletter to get skincare and make-up tips mailed to you and to know whenever there is a good sale or freebie with Beautycounter or my other favorite brands.
- Read all my posts on non-toxic products here!
- See all my favorite non-toxic products on this page!
Daily Skin Care Routine
Everything is listed in the order I use them!
Note: I have aging, normal skin, and I always get 1-2 pimples right before my period. My skin was dry before starting with Beautycounter, but not anymore. My skin concerns are fine lines, wrinkles, and acne scarring. I used to have redness and rosacea, but these went away with No. 3 Balancing Oil and the Countermatch regimen I started with, before switching to the anti-aging line. They sometimes come back if I neglect my skincare routine.
Morning Skincare routine
- Countermatch Refresh Foaming Cleanser
- Cold Water Splash
- Tripeptide Radiance Serum
- Antioxidant Soft Cream
- Ultra Renewal Eye Cream
- Blue Tansy Deodorant or Geranium Deodorant
- Dry Shampoo, if needed
Evening Skincare Routine
- Instant Eye Makeup Remover
- Countermatch Refresh Foaming Cleanser OR Counter+ Lotus Glow Cleansing Balm
- Cold Water Splash
- No. 2 Plumping Oil if I’m in follicular or ovulatory phases of cycle, or No. 3 Balancing Oil if I’m in luteal or menstrual phases of cycle
- Rose Quartz Facial Roller
- Tetrapeptide Supreme Cream
- Ultra Renewal Eye Cream
- Almond + Vanilla Body Butter for my hands and anywhere that is getting dry- this stuff is AMAZING and has saved my cracked dry hands in the winter
- Magnesium Lotion on my neck and chest
Okay, I use these as needed
- Overnight Resurfacing Peel– I should really be using this 2-3 times a week instead of my facial oil at night before moisturizing. This dramatically reduces acne scarring and fine lines. BUT, I love the facial oils so much that when the moment comes to decide, I almost always pick the oil first. They just feel so heavenly! But, if you are serious about minimizing pores, addressing scars and wrinkles, etc., you will want to do this 2-3 times a week.
- Charcoal Mask- I do this about once a month, usually right before or during my period.
- Vitamin C All Bright Serum– this is our newest product and I’ve just started experimenting with it! It is strong, so I am applying once a week or so in the morning instead of the Radiance Serum and seeing how it goes!
Daily Make-up Routine
My simple daily routine is usually less than five minutes. And I never let myself run out of these products!!
- Summer: Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer– I use Shade #1 and I LOVE this light coverage in the summer!!!!!
- Winter: Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation– I use the porcelain shade because I’m about as pale as they come! This is a great tool to help pick what color you are–>> PICK YOUR SHADE I apply this with the Retractable Foundation Brush.
- Satin Blush in Guava– Guava works great with my pale skin, but Nectar is the most flattering for all skin colors!
- Color Outline Eye Pencil– I use brown, and it is super easy to apply. For special occasions I’ll use the liquid liner, but for everyday I use the pencil!
- Volumizing Mascara– Lasts all day, doesn’t smudge! When I want darker mascara for an evening out I’ll use Mineral Fusion– but watch out because it can smudge!
- Concealer Pen- I use the shade Fair mostly to brighten up under my eyes!
- Brow Gel– I use the Light and this stuff is AMAZING. I never did anything with my brows before and this gel has made it easy and my brows look amazing!
- Sheer Lipstick in Rose in the Spring/Summer and Color Intense Lipstick in Rosewood in Fall/Winter.
- Lipgloss– I love Peony during the summer. Unlike the lipsticks, the lipgloss does NOT last. So put on for shimmer and sparkle but not for all day color like the lipstick.
Notes on this:
- To quickly overhaul your look you can get Flawless in Five and save 20% off buying everything individually.
- Use this guide to help pick your shades!
Additional makeup I use for MORE
- Mattifying powder– Sets the makeup, but can also go on under foundation to absorb oil.
- Precision Liquid Eyeliner– The first liquid eyeliner that has been easy for me to apply :-).
- Velvet Eyeshadow Palette in Classic- I love these simple and sparkly options.
- Brow Pencil– Usually I just use the brow gel, but if I’m really getting made-up I want my brows nice and dark!
- Illuminating Cream Highlighter– I use the Rose Glow to do a little contouring.
- Color Pinch Cream Blush– Second step in my contouring, and I really like using the cream rather than the matte for special occasions. I use Hibiscus.
- Color Intense Lipstick in Brunch, Garden Party or Girl’s Night! These lipsticks LAST. I also sometimes wear Beautycounter RED for a real punch (see below).
To place a Beautycounter order go here: beatycounter.com/annarapp
Working with Beautycounter
I’m a Beautycounter consultant and I truly love working with this company. I love their mission, their products and I LOVE the peace of mind that all their products safe products. I’m super careful about what I put into my body ever since I researched and started my fertility diet, and I’m super careful about what I put ON my body, and what we use in our house.
After trying lots of non-toxic skincare and make-up products, Beautycounter is my favorite because it is high performing, they have an aggressive sustainability effort and dedicated social mission, and they test for heavy metals. I love their products and I don’t have to do a ton of research for each individual product since I know all their stuff is safe.
I also really love helping my blog readers make the switch to non-toxic products. And I would love to help you make the switch to safer beauty products too.
Be sure to sign up for my Beautycounter newsletter to learn more about their products and so I can keep you posted on any ways to save money.