A super easy chicken bone broth for gut health, wellness, and fertility. I make it in the Instant Pot on the slow cooker setting, but it can be made in any slow cooker or crockpot!
- Bones, skin, neck, from one whole organic chicken (that you’ve probably just made) or organic bones from the butcher
- Enough filtered water to cover the bones and skin completely
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Any extra veggies you want- onions, garlic, celery.
- Any extra herbs you want- rosemary, thyme, bay, etc.
- Extra salt and pepper if desired
- Put the bones, skin, neck, and any veggies and herbs you desire into the Instant Pot or your favorite slow cooker/crockpot.
- Cover completely with filtered water. Don’t go above the fill line of your Instant Pot.
- Add 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Press the Slow Cook setting on your Instant Pot. Slow cook for 18-48 hours. The Instant Pot only goes up to 24 hours, so you have to reset at that time if you want to slow cook for longer.
- Strain the liquid (we use these stainless steel mesh strainers) and save it in a non-toxic heat safe container like a large 64 oz size mason jar.
- Drink a big mugful every day, and store in the fridge!
- You’ve got what you need at 18 hours, the flavor just becomes more rich and intense as you cook. We usually pull it at 24 hours unless we are too busy, then we let it keep going for 48!
- You can Pressure cook for 1-2 hours if you are in a hurry. But, I think there is something special about slow cooking bone broth.
- You can make this with beef or fish bones as well!
- You can really have fun with added veggies and spices, or you can keep it fast and simple. Up to you!
- YES, you should heat up, melt, and drink that fatty collagen layer on the top. If you don’t want to, you can take it off with a spoon and use it as a fat for cooking!
- Category: Soup, Bone Broth
- Method: Instant Pot or Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Keto, Paleo, Whole 30, Clean Eating
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 50
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 120
- Fat: 2
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 15
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Chicken Bone Broth Recipe for Fertility and Gut Health